Sunday, August 7, 2011

You'll never reach the end of the road while you're travelling with me...

I've been here for over two months. Time has been a weird thing. On one hand I feel like I've been living this life forever and there's nothing to come back to but on the other hand I feel like I've just arrived and summer just started. It's bittersweet for me. I love Italy. I love the culture where the piazzas are crowded and there's more wine than water. I love the people and how they are themselves; just walking around topless on the beaches or saying it like it is to whoever. Nothings reserved with them. It's like a breath of fresh air to me. Some people I travel with take offense or are disgusted in these ways but i like it. Today, I went to Lake Garda and kayaked. It was amazing, I loved it. Kayaking was soothing but a work out too. The lake was warm and the sights were beautiful. We were lucky enough to kayak through part of this castle. There were swans around which just added to the whole thing, it was like some sort of fairytale. The whole thing was very picturesque. At that moment, I thought about it all. The whole summer and everything that I've done. Hiking hours in Cinque terre, parasailing in Croatia, Writing to Juliet, making wishes in the Trevi, running on the shore of the beach, looking at the vicenza stars, playing cards in the piazza, gondola rides in venice, kayaking, endless gelato. How I'm going to miss all of these moments and this new adopted lifestyle. I'm not ready to go back to it...to Oregon. I have yet to be "homesick" which is also bittersweet. Mostly..sweet. This is just more confirmation that I can do it. I can move after I graduate this year. I'm strong enough for this without wanting to be back. All of my friends are moving on with their lives in different ways than I am which is what it is. It's my time for me too but I know it won't, can't, and will never be the way most of my friends choose. I hope it's not seen as selfish or completely nuts. I want to live in so many places. I really really do. Even thinking about signing up for a two year contract freaks me out, that may just be too long at my age. Not too long to be away from "home" ( or whatever you want to call it)..but because there's so many places to live and over one year in one place is a little long. We will see what happens with that. But as this blog is titled...I hold that as true as I can with the funds I currently have. On August 19th after my Italy adventure is finally up, I'm going back to Munster to visit my british mates for a few days and then up to Edinburgh for fringe and London for fun with my friend Nina. I can't wait to see this places again. Travelling with Nina will surely be great too, I feel like we're on the same page with our ideas on the whole thing and have a similar travel outlook as well. Lastly, before that plane takes me back to Oregon. I get to go to Newyork, Boston, and Capecod with my family. This is a dream come true to me. I've always talked to my dad about Boston. I used to wear boston gear when I was a toddler. I grew up with my dad staying up late to watch the redsox. Now at the age of 21 (perfect) I'll be there with him as well as my sister and mum. Everything seems perfect. There's just this one thing...but isn't there always? Oh blogspot, One day I will try to treat you better than a stand by boyfriend but there are places to see. Oh there are places to see..
Ciao! x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment