Monday, February 11, 2013

300 words. Personal Statement.

Question: why go to edinburgh, why choose me, whats my funding that i already have please rip me apart this could be up to 13,000 GBPs in scholarship money Earning a scholarship means to me that a person shows great potential in his/her field along with a strong determination to not only maximize their time learning at the university but bringing their knowledge to the greater world. I came from a family with parents who did not complete high school or took part in any of my schooling endeavors. From the start, there seemed to be this intrinsic motivation inside of me that could never be tamed. I had a hunger to learn and to keep learning, as well as, do something extraordinary in my life. I still possess this fire to learn and now as an adult I wish to spread the power of learning. This is one of the reasons why I am suitable for a scholarship; I am not just looking for the end result of receiving the degree but I am passionate about the time in between. I am certain that this will result in a highly thoughtful student and a well-rounded educator with in-depth knowledge. I believe that education is the foundation of the growing world. It is the core to not only the decisions that people make daily but to the decisions that impact generations. It shapes how people view world. It can spark meaning and wonderment into anybodies lives; which can lead to future inventors, authors, researchers, and explorers. Therefore, I believe investing in a student who pursues education is potentially investing in a plethora of people’s lives. Choosing to study education at this university is also very purposeful; University of Edinburgh is a highly regarded university that will challenge me and give me a diverse setting to grow and learn new ideas. As for other bodies of funding, I am eligible to receive $20,500 in loans from the Department of Education (U.S.A).

No comments:

Post a Comment