"She's a brick and I'm drowning slowly. Off the coast and I'm heading nowhere...."
"They"..the infamous they who knows all. I'm not sure who they are but i'd like to meet them. Anyways they say that smell has the strongest link to memory but I disagree. I'm currently sitting at the Beanery, my favorite little coffee house in Eugene and this song comes on. I've never heard it play in public or have listened to it in years for that matter. It instantly put this weight on my heart. It brought me back to this place, a place where I felt at home here, possibly for the last time. I sat here thinking how I feel the opposite of that. Once there was a time where I felt connected with another human being. A time of lying around in bed under the heavy dark blue comforrter, that took me months to get used to it's heat, listening to this mix of yours including this particular song. You would play it just because you knew I liked it even though you grew away from it far before you even walked into those double doors of my smoothie making teenage job. It's weird for me to think about those times because truthfully I seldom do. I grew so far past it, as if i'm a completely different person. However, ever since I got off that plane last week I've been battling this feeling of loneliness. I did it backwards, I know that now. I was young and was serious with a boy while all of my friends were single. Now, all of my friends are wrapped up in their own serious relationships, and I'm the one alone. I guess that's the proper way of doing it. Crazy first couple of years of college and then "Settling" down in the later years. On a side note: I hate that phrase "settling down", who the hell wants to settle? It means not going for what you really want which is complete bullshit. I guess i'll never be traditionalist.
A man asked me a few minutes ago if i was having fun and feeling fresh? I must not be up to date on the eugene lingo.
No comments:
Post a Comment