Yesterday I bought a couple of pumpkins to carve.
Watched one of my favorite movies (practical magic) with one of my favorite people. We've been watching that movie since we were 8. I realized then, I've always had her, always always.
I drove along river road admiring the plethora of trees that were changing in a place that has always been there for me and the routine changes of the seasons have been the markers of my life there.
I realized that this autumn would be my last one here..just like this. Going to school, seeing old friends and old roads. That's when my mind went into a million directions.
Before this, I've been doing the routine of things; wake up early in the morning, go to school, go to work, have dinner, do homework, read, and then sleep. But what's life going to look like this time next year? I know nobody knows even for their own self. This is different than most years however, I've always had my summer and then came back to school in one form or another. Well I guess perhaps I'll being going to school again next fall (but on the otherside of the desk). I keep getting e-mails saying "congratulations on starting your senior year _____ (insert an after school opportunity here). The most compelling one I've received was teach for America, the idea of the organization I find very valid and the pay even more so. I could even end up in Boston or Newyork. The most compelling part is that I could start planning for that NOW! I like planning as soon as possible, but at the same time I can be very sporatic and whimsical. I'm a weird woman. But, in the end I don't think I want to take on this job, I've worked at a low income school and it's exhausting and I don't feel that i'm adequate for the part..just yet atleast. Give me a few years to pick up some more tricks.
If you really want to know, if I had it my way I would..
first: go to germany with brigette this summer, travel for a few weeks after seeing places like prague/budapest and finally make our way to munich for oktoberfest.
second: after that adventure move up for London to be a nanny for about a year. ( reason being I think it would be nice to get to know one kid for a period of time before jumping into the sea of teaching and of course I love London)
third: Get a tefl job in Europe or Asia for a year. Travel the summer afterwards.
fourth: Find an elementary teaching job either in the east coast or europe. and travel during the summers :)
I find these ideas consuming my thoughts daily.
but what about practical magic?
or watching the river road trees change color?
Is that all over now?
No comments:
Post a Comment