Thursday, May 24, 2012

Well I love London..

Next year, I'm going to be a nanny in Switzerland. I'll get four weeks paid vacation! I can visit loads of places. I'm in the center of Europe. France and Germany are literally 30 minute train rides away from me. I get to learn a new language (German) and work a job that will be difficult but a nice transition from 4 jam packed years of college to becoming an actual teacher. Yes! Yes! Yes! I'm so excited for this. But you know me, I love London. I've dreamt about living there since I was 14. And sometimes I get a little bummed out on myself, like why didn't I try harder to get a job there for next year? I guess ever since I heard how difficult it can be to get a Visa, I panicked...I didn't want to end up jobless in the states. I guess, what I'm saying and am worried about is "Will I ever make it there?" After talking to professors and friends. I've been looking into international schools in London. They actually have job openings! It's brilliant. There's one that seems so perfect and is only 15 minutes away from the center of London! They have like 10 job openings! For me, this means, that I will love it up next year travelling and seeing new things! But while I'm there, I'm about an hour on a plane from London therefore I can visit and interview easily :) . I am going to work my ass off trying to get a position like the one fore-mention. I'll move there as a young 23 year old. It has to, has to, happen. I know plans never happen. And life isn't what we ever want it to be. But this..this has to happen. If nothing else. No husband or children. It's this. I can't let myself down.

1 comment:

  1. Well Sarah I for one am so proud of you in every way. You have blazed your path your way without a lot of hands on encouragement.
    Here I read to my children every afternoon when they were little before nap time and acted all the parts out. Then as they got older that became a nighttime event. There were rules and bedtimes and structure in our home. I always encouraged my children and listened to them and was interested in their lives. Mike dropped out of college and Gina got married..........hmmmm was not my plan lol. I would have liked more for them at that point in their lives but their lives are their own to live. So they went along their own paths as we all do.
    I think you do not see yourself married for instance and having children because London and a desired life there looms foremost in your mind. Getting a job and living there will be accomplished and the rest will materialize when you desire it. There is only so much room in ones brain!
    So Miss Sarah take one step at a time. You have accomplished much. Be proud of your achievements you are the only one that created them.
    We will see you at graduation and the party.
    Hugs xo

    ReplyDelete