Monday, October 22, 2012
Ragged Woods.
Dear Blog,
Sorry I neglected you, yet again. You see, I spent two marvelous weeks in the UK with the most amazing person in the whole entire world and really could not be bothered doing anything else but enjoying every minute with him. But alas, I am now back in Switzerland on my own. I do have you blog, and for that, I am thankful for. I'm not sure if you read or not but in a few posts back, I ranted about my little woods that I lived next to when I was in Eugene. It was a place to contemplate and let things go. Now after living here for almost two months, I have found that place. It's only about a five minute walk from my house. It's huge, undisturbed, noiseless, and even a little mystical. The trees are skinny and tall, their multi coloured leaves arch the pathway, allowing just the perfect amount of sun to shine through. I've been there the past few days walking aimlessly and enjoying the beautiful fall colours. I felt like Winnie from Tuck Everlasting. Eyes-wide, looking around, trying to see what kind of adventure I can get myself into. It's strange though, I always find comfort in the woods. I'm not exactly sure why but i think that the woods make me feel free. Free from the past, free from worrying about the future, and just generally free from everything. And sometimes..that can be a nice feeling.
But let me get something off my chest. Something I really thought about in the woods..
I feel like ever since I was young; I've always had something attached to me. Like a "do no wrong" essence/ "nice girl". And I carried that with me. Not only do people have these standards for me, but I do for myself. But I'm not perfect even now matter how hard I tried or try. Which kills my conscious, I want to be perfect so bad. Sometimes it haunts me though, every little mistake that I've made. And moving to Europe, I thought it would be like starting from scratch. Life isn't that simple though. I guess all we can do is to live and learn and understand that no one is perfect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment