Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Pool of Tears.

Dear Blog, Recently, I have been reading Alice and Wonderland to my Swiss kids. Even if it is complex and has old confusing english language, they seem to be enjoying it still. However, that's besides the point. As you surely know, Alice is in a world of unknown by herself, trying to figure out where she's going...even though the funny thing is...she's trying to get somewhere but has not a clue where she even wants to go. Sometimes I feel like this. Where am I going? What am I doing? The scariest question is "Who am I anymore?". It can make a persons head spin. This week though, I could relate to this chapter titled "The Pool of Tears". It's been one of those weeks where there have been so many ups and downs. I don't want bore you with every little detail but I will tell you this. Alice drank a bottle that said "drink me", it made her small...she was happy for a moment because she could fit through the door that she wanted to make it through soooo badly. But then she realised, that she left the key on top of the normal sized table that was now much too tall for her now. Alas another challenge for Alice to face. After a bit of struggling, she found hope in a cake that was labeled "Eat me". It let her become tall enough to get the key, however, now she was much too tall for the door!! Poor Alice! She cried and cried and cried some more. Once again, she became small leaving the key on the table and now faced with another challenge..a "pool of tears". Did she make it through the door? And if she did, was the otherside everything that she hoped for? I feel like Alice because I want to get through that door so badly. I find a way to do it and then something goes wrong. I can't do that way, that try isn't going to work. I become upset. Then I become motivated to make it work again. But once again, I was let down. This time the let down was even worse because the lady on the phone said "impossible" and it made me cry. A lot. It made me lose hope. And now, I am trying to get through door, a whole new way. A way that doesn't involve the key. Just like Alice did in the end. I hope like Alice that I, too, can find my way home. Not in the literal sense but the feeling sort of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment