Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Home is wherever I'm with you.

Dear Blog, Time goes by too fast with Michael. I swear, I just saw him standing outside of the SBB looking around for me. But I saw him first, and I ran. I ran and put my fingers over his eyes. Once, he turned around. Nothing else existed. And today, just three days later, I saw him again at the SBB. But this time, he was leaving. I always think that the leaving thing will get easier over time. We'll get used to it. It's normal. I can't really speak for Michael but even if I will see him in less than two weeks, watching him walk onto that bus without me and then me having to turn around to the trainstation to take a train without him, is a miserable feeling. It just felt so right having someone sit next to you and holding your hand. Now, I was alone again. If you can't imagine this feeling at all...picture yourself saying bye to someone you really really care about at the airport. and Imagine having to do that constantly. On Friday He texted me at the airport in the afternoon. He forgot his bank card! wheww..way better than a passport and I really didn't mind. I like taking care of him. From that moment until 2:45pm,when i left the house, I swear time couldn't go any slower. tick tock tick tock, the clocks were mocking me the whole day. But alas it was time! As soon as Rachel got home, I bolted out of the door. The sun was shining and I was running down the hill(or mountain as me and my michael refer to it)while listening to feel good music. I could feel it. I was so close to him. I was on the train when he called and that's when I knew it was real, he made it here! When we were finally reunited in front of the trainstation and he hugged me and lifted me up. I swear, I've never felt so happy. We ended up sitting on a bench by the park I always go through to snack on some strawberry yogurt filled chocolates and a cheap croissant. It was so nice to share it with someone, not just someone, but Michael. We walked around town a bit, just chatting and holding hands. I showed him the starbucks I frequently visit, the school I go to, and just some of the basel streets. I've been doing this on my own since I got here. I haven't been able to share it with friends or family and during that moment, that's when I knew, I never would. It made me kind of sad but at the same time I felt very lucky that I had him to share it with. After this little outing in the town, we decided it was time to go to my village to meet the family, relax, and go out for some dinner. We laughed about how I always exaggerate things and that the "mountain" probably wasn't much of anything at all. This time, however, he ranked it a 4 on the "Sarah over-exaggerating scale". It made me feel better, that the hill really can be a beast, and it's just not me being out of shape. Once, we arrived, we played foosball with the kids. They loved it! and him! and he won both times...i'm better at air-hockey, I swear. After that, it was time to relax in my room for a bit. Once again, another moment where life just felt right, and I didn't feel so alone. We have this habit though, of getting too comfortable/relaxed/completely content if we spend too much time laying around...and it can interfere with real plans, however, we both know that, so we got up in perfect time to walk down the mountain for some pizza. As we were walking, we thought we were lost for sure...mostly michael, he doesn't trust my keen womanly sense of directions. But I got us there and all was well. The pizzeria was cute and petite. The prices were actually reasonable for swiss standards too (always a treasured aspect). He held my hand across the table. Can't life always be like this? When we got home, we watched Office Space (American humour that Michael seemed to appreciate...whew) and it wasn't even emotional. A very rare but good find for me. Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment